Register for 24th Integrated De-Suung Training ProgrammePosted on March 5, 2017
Registration is closed
The Office of the De-Suung would like to invite interested candidates with a minimum qualification of Bachelors Degree to volunteer for the twenty fourth (24th) batch Integrated De-Suung Training Programme at Tencholing, Wangduephodrang from 27th March to 29th April 2017 (5 Weeks) on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The integrated Training Program is uniquely designed to impart basic knowledge and skills in various fields such as disaster rescue and relief operations, environment and development, survival skills, leadership and personal development.
- Candidates who complete the course successfully will become lifelong registered members of the De-Suung organization.
- 125 volunteer candidates( 80 male and 45 female) will be selected for the course.
- Food, lodging, uniforms, bedding, toiletries and other basic essentials for the duration of the training will be provided by the management.
Further details of the training program are provided below:
A. Training Structure/Format
- Guest lecture Series
- Seminar and Plenary Discussions
- Documentary screening on topical issues
- Physical endurance training
- Simulation exercises and field drills
- Interactive learning
- Team building and management exercises
B. Sample topics of the Training Program
• Overview of National Security
- National Security Framework Seminar
- Importance of Security for National Development
• Recreational Activities
- Camping and Expedition Exercises
- Physical Training
- White water rafting
- Living off the land
• National Vision
- Executive Interactive Session on Nation building
- Documentary screening on Bhutanese history
- Seminar on Development Opportunities and Challenges for Modern Bhutan
- “ Kidu”as an economic intervention and investment program
• Disaster Management
- Disaster Management: Specific Challenges for Bhutan
- Flood Control Measures
- Specific challenges for forest fire management
- Fire safety: Use of Equipment and standard rules of procedures during fire events
- Field drill on water rescue
- GLOF( Glacier Lake Outburst Floods) presentation and documentary
• Environment and Development
- Current and emerging challenges
- Environmental Investments and Opportunities
• Emergency Medicine
- First Aid lectures and exercises
- Basic Paramedic and Trauma Management
- Seminar on Public Health Issues
• Tradition and Culture
- Seminar on Cultural and Spiritual Heritage
- Unique tradition of civility
• Leadership and Management
- Individual growth, lifelong learning and critical thinking
Documents required (submit soft copy either individually or in a compressed/zipped format)
- Copy of Citizenship ID Card
- Medical Certificate
- Security Clearance (required for the application but need not submit as we will verify from the RBP’s Security Clearance System)
- Copy of Degree Certificate
- NOC from concerned agencies (if employed)
- Application must be done online. Any other method of application will not be accepted.
- All documents to be uploaded along with the application in electronic formats; either individually or compressed/zipped. Formats accepted are jpg, jpeg, png, doc, docx, pdf, zip and rar.
- Only apply when all the documents are ready. Incomplete documents may result in rejection of your application.
Registration will be open from Wednesday, 8th March 2017 from 9 am until 5 p.m, Friday, 17th March 2017. Application may be closed before the deadline if seats are filled up.
For further enquiries please call 341277 / 340353 / 17411174 / 17447566 / 17605531 during office hours.